View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #20
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwen View Post
...Galadriel's hair colour is said to be (gold with silvery highlights as if it had trapped the light of the Two Trees ) she might stake a claim to having the world's most beautiful hair.
Gold with silver highlights?
*looks at own hair*

I never knew that going grey was a good thing!

I think that the way I pictured them, and also the way they were both depicted in the movie, represent such different types of beauty, it's almost an apples/oranges comparison. Galadriel is older; more powerful; more exotic; more elvish (genetically, even!); Arwen is youthful by comparison and more transitory (by choice) - she is a second Luthien in this sense, although Luthien was certainly more heroic. Galadriel is noon, Arwen is evening, I suppose; Galadriel seems to represent the glory of a time that is passing away, Arwen the ending itself and the transition.

I have to give my vote to Galadriel; but only for such subjective reasons as being a link to the Silmarillion and sharing my hair color.
Plus, she had a cooler house...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote