View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #43
Mumriken
Banned

Mumriken is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Well then it's impossible for ANYONE to be loyal at all. Because all beings in our world and in the fictional have their own motives. Sauron was no slave to morgoth, he chose willingly to work with him. Also I find this notion of Sauron wanting order and Morgoth wanting chaos very...well unimportant. I mean let's imagine Morgoth sat in the void looking into the world at what Sauron was doing. Would he think:

"OH look, he is making those orcs stand in orderly lines...he isn't being loyal to me!!...look how he destroys numenor trying to achieve order and not destruction...he is so disloyal to me!!"

I think not, I think he would be pleased. Even if Sauron unlike Morgoth wanted order it doesn't matter. By forcing the numenoreans to worship morgoth and later naming himself the second morgoth he shows his admiration and loyalty to the devil who has been thrown out of the world and therefore Sauron no longer could serve...to become the second morgoth would be the most loyal thing he could possible be doing towards morgoth. That Saruon wanted some order and Morgoth wanted chaos is irrelevant, I also find it hard to imagine Morgoth or Sauron even thought of themself as order and chaos.

It's only to us who read the stories they appear in that way. Therefore I don't think it matters to the characters at all that one represents a form of order and the other a form of chaos. In the end Sauron remained a servant of morgoth and not to the other side. That is all that matters...I think the person who wrote sauron was loyal to morgoth before you edited it was right. Maybe you should change it back eh? Spreading misinformation we are I think...
Mumriken is offline   Reply With Quote