View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #579
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I think the game was basically quite even, in it's initial setting I mean. Remember that both the Hunter and the Assassin could have had cut it both ways.

Like Boro said, by the happenstance that the Hunter and one Ranger came under heave pressure on Days1 and 2, they came forwards and changed the dynamics a lot by that. Had they been killed off then and there the situation would have returned to "somewhat even" again.

Then there was the incredible Assassin named Anguirel... I mean I had thought that the Assassin might kill once or possibly twice in a game. You could all think how often you would have used that power yourselves, especially after killing one of the Rangers as your first job...

And surely it helped Ang in his work that there seemed to be something like a Village consensus pretty early on that Lal, Kath, Rikae (and Firefoot) looked the most suspicious. Add to that the "knowledge" (well, one can't be sure, but anyhow) of Durelin and Boro - later also Ang being innocents. Well the wolves had no chance in that situation anymore.

So even though it looked like the wolves were having the upper hand after a couple of Days the tide had actually started to turn slowly against then already, consisting of a lots of minute details that consistently turned to the favour of the villagers.

With someone else gaining the mostly random suspicion on Day1 than Boro, Someone not spotting some people wolvishly backing each other in a vague manner, someone less assured / bloody player as the assassin... and the game would have been a lot different.

But it was a lot of fun as it was, and kudos to the Village for great thinking and brilliant co-operation, and a deep bow to the wolves who died fighting to the end (especially Rikae did great the last Day she was alive!).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote