View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #199
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Oh, I cheat. ^_^ No, I record directly in Audacity, so the recording synchs up exactly where I sang it; the only off-beat sections are where I miss a cue. With your parts, I have to work out by ear where they should go. I thought I had this one pretty good, but... yeah.
Would it help if I made the recordings equal to the time of the music (ie start recording on the first note)? Because for Melian I haven't been doing that, as she only starts singing 2 stanzas in.

Meanwhile, as I am on the final stretch of exchanges between Finrod and Sauron, where they stop following their patterns - the Russian Libretto site with all the chords stops working on both my phone and computer. I really hope it is a local wifi issue, because otherwise there is serious trouble to come for the rest of the musical. There is absolutely no way I can do the chords by ear for most of the songs. Can you get it to open on your end? After multiple tries my computer finally loaded another Duel with chords, linked for future reference. I have been trying to piece together the F&S exchange on the premise that they repeat their previous chords - but they don't repeat the chords I thought they did, so I have to redo whatever I had there. I fixed it up to "Taught pride to Elven hearts", now onto Sauron's "That gift etc". Almost there! Just a day or two to finish up and polish!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-04-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote