View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #197
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I was really pleased with how well the transitions lined up - Taniquetil and Tirion showed up at exactly the right points. Ideally I'd like the frames changes to keep to the beat, but that may be beyond me.
Taniquetil is perfect! Personally I didn't mind the step-wise progression. I love how it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(At some point, I should also post the full versions of these portraits; Finrod in particular loses a lot of details below the edge of the frame.)
Ooooh! What if they stand up to "full height" either before or after the Duel - or, hypothetically, at the end of any of their songs? Like Sauron can have the Duel, cause he wins that, but Finrod can have Captivity, because he has the final say? But oh lord that's a long way away musically...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I've put your new Melian into the video, and taken the opportunity to clean up the titles as well. Thingol and Melian just staring at each other over a static screen is starting to feel kind of uninspired...
I don't get how your Thingol parts line up so perfectly, I always hear Melian's slide a bit off. Maybe I just keep missing the beat when I record or something. I feel like her first stanza is a touch delayed, and the last "Oh my husband dear" sounds really off. Seriously, I don't get how your part fits so perfectly. Next time I will make sure to sing to a metronome and land the beats neatly to avoid this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Your Thingol and Sauron were gleefully bombastic, they really were. ^_^
I love singing Sauron's part, even if I'm not very good at landing the notes, for that precise reason. He's just like "I am evil and there's nothing you can do about that. The world is horrible, and I love it. Bwahahaha!" It's incredibly fun to sing. ^.^