View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 05:30 PM   #46
FarathrimMaiden
Pile O'Bones

FarathrimMaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I pitty poor smeagol and gollum. I am relieved a little to see that others of you sorta know what its like to be in gollums "shoes", because i thought i was the only one. To want something but its bad and you cant really think for yourself cuz it takes over. So i pitty him and Gollum's Song often reminds me of my own situation, so i suppose i sympathise, even relate to him. I cannot say i would be nice to him, though i would like to think i would, well i cant even say i wouldnt kill him (although i really wish i could say for sure that i wouldnt), i mean i ve never been in that situation, so how can i know? I hope each time i think of Gandalf saying "many that live deserve death , but many that die deserve life, can you give it to them? then do not be so quick to deal out death in judgement" (paraphrasing), i hope that i would be like bilbo, and then sympathize like frodo in the second book, but would i be like sam an call him names? i fear i might. and would i have killed him if i were bilbo? who knows, but from the safety of my home i can say that i certainly pitty him. sorry that wa long and rambling i must be getting sleepy..lol fatigue brings incoherent messages

*Frodo most certainly does live.*

"Will you look into my mirror?"
"What will I see?"
FarathrimMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote