View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #129
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Seriously!!! That's about the most unhelpful thing ever!!! I mean, I understand you are substituting Nilp, but I'm with Kant on this one. You shouldn't make the example of doing something that might corrupt others to do the same!
I am assuming here that you mean Kath not Kant - but I'm still gonna take it and bask in the glory of being referred to as an eminent philosopher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
As in keeping the person you suspect as a cobbler alive on purpose? Certainly, if there is a person you suspect to be a wolf, because the cobbler doesn't count as a baddie in the tally. But surely, in terms of voting outcomes, a dead cobbler is better than a living cobbler when it comes to votes? After all, the QT just votes once collectively, which means the cobbler may or may not affect the choice of recipient. But a living cobbler always gets a vote. And gets to say a lot of things that mess with the village's head besides.
I think my train of thought was following the previous one about baddie numbers overwhelming goodie numbers in the QT if they ended up there early on. So say a wolf is lynched Day 1 and an innocent killed Night 2, the QT has even baddies and goodies - the baddies control the vote. The cobbler is lynched Day 2 and an innocent killed Night 3. The QT still has even baddies and goodies and all the Cobbler has to do is vote with the now known wolf for again the baddies to control the vote. But all of that only mattered in the case of a wolf ending up in the QT early on, which was the original thought I'd started at. Also, the villagers would know the roles of those in the QT, and so could be rightfully suspicious of any vote coming from the QT anyway. So I'm afraid it was all rather a thinking out loud exercise. In terms of voting outcomes, as you say, a dead Cobbler is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Yes, that's what I'm getting at. The QT vote can't be treated as a "known dead innocent" (possibly misguided, but still innocent). Because if it's the dead wolves dominating the vote, they know who to vote for. Which actually gives us more information than if the QT is innocently dominated. However, who knows what sort of chaos would be going on in the QT discussions.
Yeah, I think this sums up the ramble above.

Last edited by Kath; 05-05-2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Shoot forgot bolding. And X'd with Rikae.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote