View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #63
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, Legate and Folwren, that one has always made me cry but just like Foley I just forgot about it. This is maybe a bit perverted, but I actually once read the scene just to make myself cry. (Okay, I also wanted to read it because it's such a beautiful scene, but...)

Another thing that always makes me cry - or very close to crying - is the last phrase of the Silmarillion:
Quote:
In the twilight of autumn it sailed out of Mithlond, until the seas of the Bent World fell away beneath it, and the winds of the round sky troubled it no more, and borne upon the high airs above the mists of the world it passed into the Ancient West, and an end was come to the Eldar of story and song.
It creates such a profound feeling of sadness and loss. Even though I must say that if possible, it sounds even more sad in Finnish. I think it might be because the last word of the English phrase is "song" but the Finnish one ends with poissa which means "away".
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote