View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #640
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“So how did your meeting with the Lord Eodwine go? Have you found out what you will be doing at the Hall?”

“No, I haven’t,” Javan answered, leaning slightly to rest his shoulder against the stall door. “I guess the meeting went well. As well as can be expected. He asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him.” Léof nodded but said nothing as he continued to fill the wheelbarrow beside him. “I liked him,” Javan said after a short pause. “He seemed nice.” He smiled a little as he recalled the conversation from the evening before. “He asked me what I would like to do and then when I had told him, he said he would consider it and this morning I am to learn what he decides for me. I’m so excited, Léof,” he went on eagerly, standing up straight again. “Do you suppose he’ll let me help you? I told him I’d love to work with the horses, and I really would like that above anything else, I think.” Javan really had little idea what other options there were, but he cared very little. “I wanted to come out right away and talk to you and visit the horses. If I can’t help you, perhaps there would still be extra time so I could ride some. I suppose you do exercise them? Occasionally?”

---

Thornden, inside the hall, was only now just receiving his answer from Eodwine.

"If Léof will have him, then Javan may work with him. He shall be answerable to Léof for all that he does in the stables, and Léof will report to both you and me in a week's time as to Javan's fittedness to be ostler's helper. Does that suit your wish?"

Thornden smiled, happy that Eodwine had been so willing. He had half expected for Eodwine having had some other idea for Javan's occupation. It would have been just fine, of course, if he had, but Javan would be happy to have a chance to work with the horses. Whether he would remain working in the stables would depend entirely on his ability and his behavior with the horses. Léof would be a good judge of that, too.

"Yes, my lord, thank you. It suits perfectly."

Last edited by Folwren; 12-18-2006 at 09:06 PM.