View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #309
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
“I too must beg my leave,” said Lómwë. “I only want to leave this place behind, not to embroil myself deeper in its past. I neither want nor require any more aid of this island.” At any rate, his loyalty, so long ago, had been to Maedhros rather than Maglor. He had no desire to meet with the spirit that had once been Maglor – especially not after he had led them on so far with his enthralling songs, as Endamir had so aptly put it.

“Very well,” replied Malris sadly.

“I have found what I sought,” said Lómwë. “May you do so as well.” As he turned to follow Endamir, he realized that it was true. He had come here to seek reconciliation with, or at least understanding of, his past, and he had found it, if in a more painful and less desirable way than he had hoped. Now he only needed reconciliation with what his past had made him, and he would not find that healing here.

Was he sorry he had come? No. And yet, if he had the choice to do it all over again, would he have come? Perhaps not; at the very least, he would have made different choices and come with different hopes. But the past was done; he could only live with it - live with it, understand it, and move on.

And move on he would. Now, truly, Ellothiel, I am coming.

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-16-2006 at 03:49 PM.