View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
TIG: LXV - Our fate lies with...them?

B88 Comics brings you...The D-League vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 1, Issue 1: The Taming of a hero

We begin our story on an August night. It's a strange night for this time of year. Usually you would expect a pleasant day with summer in full swing, but outside the wind was howling and there was a coolness in the air. Two brothers sit in their apartment with the TV on. One of them is a tall, broad-shouldered, and grizzly looking man. The other is just as tall, but wiry and clean cut. If it wasn't for the fact that they had the same eyes and noses, you wouldn't even be able to tell they were siblings.

The grizzly-brother was in control of the remote, and with each click, said "No...No...No..."

"Why don't you just pick a channel and stay on it already?" said the wiry-man. Half-annoyed, half-jokingly.

"You know I don't like commercials." Then the TV popped and went black.

"Now look what you did, Tame-eye!? You halz-booted it. If I miss Chelsea Lately, because you can't stay on a channel and it takes 20 minutes for te DVR to reboot, I will not b-"

"Get off it. It didn't halz-boot because I was flipping through channels. FYI, have you looked outside lately? Besides, I don't even know why you think that Chelsea girl is sexy." said Tame-eye

"Well, I won't deny there are better. Like I don't care how bad Iron Man 2 is, I will totally go and see it just for Scarlett Johansson."

"I'm glad to hear you have exceptionally high standards for judging what makes a good movie." But as Tame-eye was saying that, his brother's expression went blank and then dark. "What is it, Wild-eye?"

"She's coming." fear flushed into Wild-eyes face, he went pale.

"Who?"

"Who do you think?" Tame-eye now knew who his brother was talking about. "Don't say it. We have to leave now!"

"How do you think she knows we're here? I thought we were well protected?"

"I don't know. Damn it. After Sir Quakes-a-lot died last week, and Hot Spot two days ago, I knew it wouldn't be safe to stay in the same place for long. Oh no, but do you ever listen to your brother? No you're always looking to settle down, where we could lay low."

Tame-eye wasn't paying attention to his brothers rant. He had raced off to his room and came back with a Bow and a single arrow. "Here. Take this."

Wild-eye now knew what Tame-eye was planning, and he didn't like it. "No. No, you will not do this!"

"I have to. We can't let her get both of us."

"She doesn't have to. You're being stupid. We can make it out of here. Plus, you give me this stupid Bow with one stupid arrow. You know how much I hate archers."

"In the right hands that bow and arrow will not easily miss its intended target. Take it and get away from here."

"No. I forbid you!" shouted Wild-eye, he was so angry, but on the verge of tears at the same time.

"Ha. You can't tell me what to do. Besides, haven't you forseen this coming?"

"Don't you dare pull that on me right now!"

"Good bye, Brother. You know what you have to do."

Wild-eye lunged to grab his brother, but before he could, Tame-eye had turned into a mighty, brown, grizzly-bear. The bear smiled weakly, and bounded out the door, into the dark night and roaring winds.

(to be continued...)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote