View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #122
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Farael, Che... also known as Matias by some =P but Mati by my firends
Occupation: Student, super-hero... but only when I'm not studying. Sadly, it hasn't happened yet.
Future Aspirations: Maybe to get into Med School... but not too sure about that anymore. It's taken too much of a toll on me
Goal in life: Be happy, maybe find Ms. Farael, find a job I like... oh! and go to Europe
Short term goals: EUROTRIP though it might take a while
Passion: Ranting!! There is nothing like a good, passionate, spontaneous rant.
Hobbies: Read above
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): My passion in life... or rather, the fact that I can get easily excited when something really interests (or upsets) me

Fave book:I've got to say it's LoTR, but I had to think about it... there are so many other great ones, like "Arabian Nights" (I think that's the name in English) and "La Gesta del Marrano" (sorry, can't translate that one and be fair to its meaning)
Fave movie:Again, so many... but I recently watched "La Historia Oficial" (old argentine movie) and I must say I'm quite impressed... it definitely hits a nerve in me, but that's why I'd say it's up there. LoTR (again?) is also good... I don't know, hard to say
Fave sport:To watch: Football (NFL, I know ,I'm a bad Canuck) To play: Football or Volleyball (no, not soccer)
Fave store: Does Subway count? if not, probably McNally Robinson and Chapters (two biggest bookstores around here)
Fave music: Pink Floyd!

What you can't stand: Bimbos and jocks. Really, if all you do with your life is look good and "talk, you know, all like this, *click tounge* you know? it's sooo in" there is just something not right!!
What you plain dislike: The feeling of despair that can overcome you when you find out that growing old does not mean more freedom but just different (yet still very real) boundaries
Who you admire: My dad.. what can I say? he makes mistakes just like anyone else, but I've never seen someone so determined to make things right
What you most love to do: Right now, sleep... but when I'm better rested, staying up late at night reading a good book... or camping... or listening to good music... or being in good company.. I don't know, I can't pick ONE thing.
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm too rational. Sometimes I wish I could cry and just tell myself "I'm sad" and not try to dissect the feeling. Maybe it'd help letting some things out.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Biology (yes, I'm a geek) and the creative process... what leads a man to create something new? specially if it's something artistic, as otherwise the answer might just be "need" (or greed in some cases)
What scares you: Other than any insect bigger than my thumb? Realizing some day that I am "boxed in" on a life path I do not want for myself and yet that I cannot leave.
Quotation to live by: "Love is more than a bunch of hormones running loose and a short-circuit on my synapses"

Additional comments: I know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!