View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #660
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Pardon?" Eodwine cried as he gave Marenil a hand up. "Pardon me for not looking where I was going! As for Léođern (Eodwine noticed, with an inner pleasure at such things, how Marenil's southern Gondorian dialect left off the Eorlinga accents in the girl's name), Garstan had just taken her in hand to bring her to you. It seems she has already made friends of our newest serving wench. Allow me to introduce her!"

Eodwine proceeded to introduce Ginna and Randvér (an old friend from the war) to Marenil, and could tell from the relaxed manner of Randvér that he had taken an immediate liking to Marenil, which was good, considering that which he had to share with the elderly man.

After a momentary pause in the small talk, Eodwine directed them all to a table so that Marenil, Randvér, and Ginna could break their fast. "Where is Kara?"

"I do believe she is not to be found this morning, lord," said Marenil.

"Ah well. I shall go see Frodides a moment." Eodwine stopped and thought a moment about how the kitchen was short handed this morning, and made an instant decision. "Ginna, you shall start your duties now. Come, I'll introduce you to Frodides." Ginna, startled, stood up and followed him into the kitchen. "You shall start by bringing food and drink for Marenil and your father, and a little more for me as well. After you have done that, you shall eat in the kitchen, as is common for serving wenches."

They passed into the kitchen. Frodides was busy over a sink full of steaming hot water, washing earthenware dishes. The smell of baking bread wafted through the air.

"Frodides! You have help! Allow me to introduce Ginna daughter of Randvér, eorldorman from the north of the Middle Emnet."