View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 01:52 PM   #302
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

'Hey, Rose! Sounds like fun.' said Pio. 'But why don't you get the others and go in by yourselves for now? I need to speak with Bird for just a few moments. She smiled as the hobbit lass' face turned from sunshine to stormy. 'I promise!! It won't take long, and then she can join you!'

Rose ran to gather up her friends and con Levanto into playing with them.

'I was going to ask a favor of you once we get to our position off the Bay of Balar. I need to get to a place just north of there, Barad Nimras. But I want to go without taking the ship. I'll go ashore there and find out what year and date we have the crystal set for. With that we can figure out how to set it for the exact date we want.'

'Barad Nimras?' interjected Bird. What is that, and how do I figure into this. Surely you don't think I can go walking about in First Age elven-land without drawing some suspicion?'

'What I need from you, if you'll agree to it, is to get a small boat and myself as swiftly as possible to Barad Nimras with the help of Levanto. It will be a lengthy swim for you, but I thought if we took a boat you can rest in it periodically in your human form. As to Barad Nimras, it is a tower on a small peninsula in the Falas, the kingdom of Ćrdan, if you will. It's in northwestern Beleriand, between the harbors of Eglarest and Brithombar. The sea-elves dwell there along the coast and it's with them that I'll be talking. And no, you need not go ashore. Just wait for me in the boat, with Levanto.'

'What date are you hoping to set the crystal for?' asked Bird.

'510 1st Age is the year when Gondolin fell to Morgoth. His intention is to capture the hobbits at that time who are in the Hidden City of Turgon. He will imprison them in Dorthonion, and we must make contact with them there. By the time The War of Wrath occurs, we must make sure they are safe in the Dorthonion Highlands and have not been taken to Angband, or we must take them all before Gondolin falls, before Morgoth's capture of them, and hide them on Tol Fuin in the 2nd Age. We will have to work this out with Child, Mithadan, and Angara.'

'I think I can do the boat trip with the aid of Levanto. It should be no problem.' said Bird. She looked speculativlely at her friend. 'But tell me, how do you know all this?'

'It is always in my thoughts.' replied Pio, quietly. 'And now that I have seen Beleriand once again, it burns ever brighter.'