View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #523
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A Little Green:

Day 1:

Greenie start out with a little bickering with Agan, suggests she might be a cobbler or worse.

She thinks Pitch looks like he always does (he was suspected at this time), that Nessa's defence of him was odd, and goes back-and-forth about Rikae for withdrawing her suspicion on Pitchie.

No vote

Day 2:

Explains her no-vote: she had computer-problems. She goes on to bicker some more with Agan (harmless stuff really), shares a moment with Shasta, excuses herself for low participation and makes a list. Her only real suspect is Inzil.
Quote:
Inziladun - Leaning bad - he's always driving me nuts because I can't read him at all, but though Lommy's point is almost too easy it makes sense. Three minutes is an awfully short time to read who died and figure all that out.
Then she is helpful in summing up the votes that far and votes Inzil without any further explanation.

Day 3:
Quoting this in it's entirety:
Quote:
Inzil looks bad. I don't know if the wolves would really take so much pains to frame a single innocent. To state the obvious, he is either

a) a misguided innocent who honestly made a mistake at the end of yesterDay. Possible, I suppose. However, the timing of his vote is as last minute as can be, it looks calculated. The resigned attitude toDay doesn't look innocent to me, either. We need to catch a wolf, and if he is innocent he should speak out for himself so we don't make the wrong choice.

b) a wolf. If Inzil is a wolf, it would point to Nessa being one too, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered. It would have been a pretty extreme move for a wolf though, since in saving one wolf he would have two of them highly suspected the next Day. Is the two kills per Night advantage that important to them? Or do we have an insanely bold pack who decided to sacrifice half of them to cause havoc and let the other half slip by unnoticed? No, it wouldn't make sense unless Inzil believed himself already seer-dreamed, but the Night's kills speak against that - neither Valier nor Lommy seemed like Seers who had dreamed Inzilwolf. Or was he just otherwise certain he and Nessa were going to be suspected the next Day anyway?

c) a cobbler. This is actually beginning to look like the most sensible option to me. A cobbler would be ready to make a drastic move to save a believed wolf from the gallows - or even, come to think of it, an innocent, thus misleading the village royally. His "kill me if you like, but you're wasting your time" -attitude looks quite cobblerish, too. If I have the time I might go through Inzil's early posts to see if there is anything resembling a cobbler hint. His previous behaviour struck me more wolvish than cobblerish though.

Gah. Enough about Inzil, there are sixteen other people to look at. Well, fifteen. For example, I haven't seen any talk at all about the Lottie-wagon. What, exactly, were the arguments for lynching her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Nonetheless, I think it is about time for us to get a Wolf. The village is getting smaller, too small for four Wolves AND two kills per Night. Also, the fact that even the Cobbler is still around makes me rather nervous.

So... what about those of my suspects, then, who are still alive. Skip, Boro, Rikae? Nessa, who escaped the gallows yesterDay, and what about again Zil, her gallant savior? And who knows about Pitchwife? Or what about all the quieter folk? Don't we have a team, after all, which is made only out of them? (Something like Greenie-Mänwe-LRH-Cailín/Nessa/BG or something... would actually make a lot of sense, especially in relation to the first Night awkward kills. Maybe if I scratch Greenie from that and make it one of the five, it would make the most sense, as there is a slight chance Greenie would not like to kill Ozban or Kath.)
I'm not fond of Legate's tone here. The first paragraph is pessimistic, which is doubtlessly how the wolves want us to feel. The second is the classic wishy-washy Legate, he pretty much says that everyone could be a wolf actually, without being definite about anyone. And, like Cailín, I don't quite approve of him saying that us as wolves would account for awkward kills!
Greenie then goes on to criticize Legate (agreeing with Cailin who made the same point) for his friends-don't-kill-friends argument. Legate has been going on about how the wolves probably aren't Agan or Greenie, because they wouldn't have Night-killed Ozban or Kath who are their friends and who haven't played for a while. I agree with Greenie and Cailin that this is a dodgy point especially since it also seems to conveniently clear himself. And I don't think RL-considerations would stop Agan or Greenie (or Legate for that matter), were they wolves and deemed it the best alternative. I should hope not anyway. It's even possible someone (Legate?) is trying to hide behind it.

Then she makes another list (after criticizing Legate again for his assumptions regarding the kills). Her suspects:
Quote:
NOT COMFORTABLE WITH
Nessa - I'm not comfortable with her track record. Her role could tell us a lot about others. The thing that bothers me most about her is that she's being too calm for an innocent openly framed by the wolves.
Inziladun - Agh. I think I've ranted enough about him already. Leaning wolf or cobbler at this point. I found him suspicious already before the Legate 180 -episode, and I'm still unconvinced an innocent Zil would have done that.
Skip - If he's a wolf, he's a daring one. But he has done bold moves before, and Valier's death does point at him.
Legate - Makes me uneasy. He's fishy on top of his normal wishy-washy.
She later softens her stance on Legate, says he makes more sense now.

Goes on to vote for Inzil without further explanation after another little episode with Agan.

Comments:
In the light of Inzil's innocence Greenie's two votes for him looks bad, and her reasons aren't that good either. However, Innocents have voted Inzil obviously, and without a wolf down it is really hard to find a solid reason against anyone bar a bad slip. I find her bickering with Agan somewhat disturbing. Could they perhaps be fellows, making an early scene when then accuse each other. Plausible certainly, but then again, they are of course good real-life friends who enjoy each other's company and that is maybe a more probable explanation for the exchanges.

Has been very careful not to put herself in the spotlight which often is a bad sign. Then again, she says she has little time.

Seems more active toDay though and looks sharp. Gawd, this is also going to sound wishy-washy, but I really have no clue. If she is a wolf, her poker-face is commendable. But no, I don't think I'll be voting Greenie (though I would to save myself).