View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 12:06 AM   #128
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thelian stared into the fire, not knowing what to reply. He wished he could strike Arthain, and use him to vent out all his anger. He had a harsh reply on his lips, he wished to throw the worst insults in his face, but when he turned and looked at Arthain, he noticed, perhaps for the first time, that his face was nothing but lines of sorrow, and grief.

"He suffers as much as I do, or even more," Thelian thought, and when he admitted that to himself, he found out that maybe he could not forgive Arthain yet, but he could perhaps try. Hesitantly he formed the words, and then spoke them out loud:
"Do not- do not think more upon this matter. The past is the past, and we can not correct its errors. My only concern now is Melost."

Arthain sat down next to Thelian, and it seemed like he wanted to engage in more conversation, but Thelian rose quickly. He still felt anger towards Arthain, and a mere apology could not settle things right between them.
"I am following Dorlas' example." he said, and walked away, leaving Arthain to his dark thoughts.

When he had settled himself in his tent, he thought of how Arthain's relationship was with Melost, and he realised how similar it was to his and Dorlas. Despite his gloomy mood he could not avoid smiling at the irony; what if Dorlas was to hurt him the same way?

He knew that would never happen, though; for not only was Dorlas to honest to ever do such a thing, but, Thelian thought to himself, he was not as vulnerable as Melost had been. Melost had opened himself up for Anwanelme, not knowing that she would take terrible vengeance if she thought he had failed her.
"No," he thought, "I shall never allow myself to love another so much, that they can hurt me so deeply."

[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]