View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #73
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagain View Post
It's correct to be cautious about this for sure, but it's not correct to go from 0 to 120 on the internet hate fest at this stage.
Unless you're a shill for a corporate mega-conglomerate, calling out nonsense is completely acceptable as far as I'm concerned. And there is a lot of nonsense in just a brief trailer.

Just a trailer! Any half intelligent producer with the slightest clue of the work they are expropriating should have at least made a trailer that wouldn't alienate readers. And from what I've read elsewhere, I am not the only one who finds these cute little fan-fic deviations to be flat-out juvenile Mary-Sue level scripting. But if that's the type of story plotting you like following, by all means dish out your dollars to Amazon.