View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #248
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Just click the 'quote' button in the bottom right hand corner of the post that you want to quote from. You can then delete surplus text or alter the name if you want.

Quote:
Perhaps we could parallel the punishments of Nimir and Chakka or Ferethor as a commentary on the cultures of Gondor and Umbar...
A good idea...but I'm going to be rather stupid here I fear, and say how exactly? Chakka's punishment would presumably be a helluva lot heavier than Nimir's (I can't find it in the text...what for? I am being fearfully dim here, I suppose, so I'm very sorry - it's late, shush), so I don't think this would work - in this instance. However, the idea of drawing parallels between Curamir and Ferethor may be an interesting one to follow up - not so much for cultural similarities as for sort of sub family ties. Could be an interesting line to follow up.

Anguiriel - ah, so Sangalazin guessed about his dear half-brother? The peacock shines brighter than we might have given it credit for... Rakin will be over directly, he just has a little brief potential torture to deal with. Once I work out how to deal with Chakka that is - as soon as we work out he's taken the antidote, Rakin and I are a little stuck...*scratches head*