View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #36
Amarie of the Vanyar
Wight

Amarie of the Vanyar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lush:

Quote:
So the Undying Lands do not fit into the four-dimensional universe we are used to perceiving, but they are, at the same time, inside the eleven-dimensional universe? I don't know if that makes sense to me, because wouldn't that mean that they are, in fact, situated in the other seven dimensions that we cannot notice? See what I mean?
Yes, that is what I suggested. But Aman can also be a four-dimensional 'universe' (it doesn't need to be converted into a seven-dimensional universe).
Let's consider that our universe is in the 0 coordinates for all the seven dimensions that we cannot notice. Then Aman can be in a coordinate different to 0 in any of this seven dimensions. In this case, it would be unreachable for men, but could be reached by somebody that can move along this dimension (the Straight Road).

Quote:
Also, going with the thought in the previous paragraph: what would the whole dimension-thing make of Tuor?
I am sorry, but I don't understand this question. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]