View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
Lolidir
Wight

Lolidir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lolidir
What Happens to the Wood Elves?

there have been discussions on what happens to the elves as a result of their rings losing their power, but what happens to the Wood Elves of Mirkwood and other places? we know that it was Galadriel, Elrond, and Gandalf had the three eleven rings. but the wood elves didnt have one and therefore were not bound to the fate of the One Ring. so if they werent bound to it then would they still leave? they didnt really have a reason to other than the fact that everyone else was.

my theory is that they would stick around for a considerable amount of time before eventually going across. after a while all the other elves would be gone so they would see that the time of the elves was over. how long they stay i dont know, but seeing that especially in Mirkwood, they dont run the chance of men invading their territory because no one wants to live in a dark forest like that, so they would be able to continue to live the way they have for some time.

thats my theory but what do all of you guys think?

Last edited by Lolidir; 02-02-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Lolidir is offline   Reply With Quote