View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 01:35 PM   #186
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Elkamia stood in the stables, one hand on the nose of her large silver mare. Annufin had finally been moved inside. 'Valar help me' she thought 'I haven't worn a dress since the wedding of Elessar and Arwen.' She glanced down at herself.

The white dress she wore was simple but elegant, with long flowing sleeves. She didn't need a belt with it, strictly speaking, but she wore one anyway, a long scarf of fine silver fabric. White slippers were on her feet, though she would have preferred something sturdier. Her long brown hair was brushed to a shine, and careflly braided in the style she usually wore to keep it out of her eyes.

She sighed, fingering the silver chain about her right wrist. She always had been one for fights and wars, tending to avoid parties whenever possible. 'I can't avoid it tonight. I've helped them rebuild the inn and I can't offend the people here by not coming to the party. And a party means a dress, however much I hate it.'

She took a deep breath, checked her clothes for loose hay collected in the stables, and went to the common room. The room was a bundle of noise, people laughed and joked to each other. Still nervous about wearing the dress, she looked around at the people in the party, seeing if there was anyone she recognised.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Last edited by Feared Half-Elf; 03-25-2004 at 08:08 AM.