View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #176
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

The door banged open whith a loud 'thump'. The floor boards creaked as a black boot stepped into the light of the in, quickly followed by another but with a hole in the end. The owner of the boots was that of Astarielle, an Elf from the woodland realm. She had been gone from the area for many a month on end and slowly walked, half limped, into the inn. Her travelling cloak was smothered with what can only be described as muck, go any further than that and you probably wouldn't want to know. In be frank the only part of her which was not absolutely filthy was her eyes, they still shone with the radiance of a thousand stars.

She closed the door silently, quite contrary to her entrance, and made her way to a comfy corner. She sat down as if she had not in weeks, which was probably quite true. Her travels had taken her near and far, over land,water and moutains to places rarely seen. Through snow, hail and driving rain with no thought for what she had left behind, just this moment in time. Now she returned to the place she left long ago to recuperate before setting of on another adventure with old friends as well as new.

She sang to herself, an old elven tune sung to children, those leaving and those returning;

It is a long road,
Winding ever onwards,
Never ceasing for the weary
Or those that dwell on the past.

You know where your feet have trodden
but have know idea where your next step will take you.
Walk on, walk on, with joy in your heart
Embrace life, unending
For you carry the hopes of us all
Our child.