View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #36
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Hmmmm....

I think we can toss out the Hobbits for not being the genuine article. As Nog pointed out, Hobbits have this appearance of adorable goodness but they are massive liars. I mean- there's a chapter in Lord of the Rings entitled "A Conspiracy Unmasked" that is all about how Hobbits are lying to one another.

With the same reasoning Huan is supposed to be good but turns on his master. Bad dog!

The Witch King and Tol-In-Gaurhoth on the other hand- I don't penalize them quite so much because at least they're a known quantity. Our Tol-In-Gaurhoth contests are completely based upon (to quote Laura) being a lying liar that lies a lot. Thus these two answers make sense from an amusement standpoint.

Wargs are, well... wargs. I can't particularly say if they're honest or not. And Fangorn- there are good trees and bad trees, so again it's difficult to say.

Theoden I suppose would be a decent straightforward choice (I don't recall any deceit on his part), though he wasn't so good at spotting honesty seeing as he let Grima hang about all the time.

Which of course leaves Feanor as the obvious decision. He was rather straightforward, and didn't seem to care about the consequences. The guy really meant it when he said, "You guys suck- I'm leaving to kill Morgoth."

So for me it would be between Feanor (the most straightforward answer) and Tol-In-Gaurhoth (the most ridiculous answer).