View Single Post
Old 10-15-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm going to post this comment on Lommy's thread even though the topic does not include music. But I think this comment nonetheless fits with the qualities that Lommy was finding valuable.

It comes from a friend who is deeply read in Tolkien and who has spent time studying with loremasters to learn more about his writing. In other words, she is not a casual fan or fangirl and Tolkien's writing is very important to her. She knows chapter and verse and the biographies and Letters quite well.

I think it speaks to what can be valuable in the Rings of Power series. Warts and all, the series can produce new appreciations of Tolkien's orginal texts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeable Tolkien reader
I can't believe that, after 57 years of reading it, only when I heard the Ring Poem sung at the end of Ep. 8 did it strike me there are two meanings to "In the land of Mordor, where the shadows LIE."
Full disclosure: That song, and its singing, brought tingles to my spine. The music of course is not part of the original work.