View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #101
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The day had started out great. The weather was beginning to pick up and with a full stomach (mostly with ale) Bunny had thought that today was finally the day they would start out on their grand adventure. The Gaffer's sudden death, had soured that plan and darkened the day to almost unbearable levels.

Bunny didn't even give her offer to help Rudy move the Gaffer's body another thought until she had her hands on the dead Hobbit's feet. Bunny had never even seen a dead body let alone touched one (her Gaffer and Gammer had both passed when she was just a toddler) Her face paled as she felt the weight of the corpse as they hefted his body onto a newly sprouted patch of grass beside the Inn. After straightening is clothes and giving Snatch a few good scratches they headed back inside to the waiting grieving group of travellers.

As she followed Rudy, Bunny was in a state of shock. "Bunny Took" she thought to herself "You have just touched a dead body!". Never had she thought she would fathom doing anything of the sort, but being the one to volunteer for the job is what surprised her. Head down she plodded along not picking up her feet as she should. As she reached the steps Bunny stumbled and fell hard almost crushing someone who stood like a statue beside the door. That someone was now helping her up. She looked into the eyes of the strange Hobbit from inside.
[
I]"Thank you," [/I]she said. "Oh, this was so clumsy, sorry, I nearly crushed into you..."
"I - it's okay," he stammered, looking into her eyes. "Uh - erm - I am sorry whatever happened to your, err..." He stopped.

"He is..." Bunny started and then realized with horror what tense she had just used
."He was my friends' grandfather," she corrected herself. "He was going with us..." and once again she stopped, she was unsure how much of their plan to share with this stranger.

"I - I was -" he started. Bunny gave him a puzzled look. "The... guy inside..." Michael continued. "He... he told me I should ask you if I could go with you," he finished in a trembling voice. "Erm... I mean, I told him... I know the North Moors... I have been to... There... If you needed any more... help..."

Bunny started to feel worse and worse. Her knees were sore from falling and her head was already reeling from the situation she just went through, but this was just too much. Micheal looked about to faint and Bunny thought she might join him.
He was asking to go with them. But was there even a them anymore? Her head spun. She was almost sure that Brown would still continue, and she hoped that Tansy and Peopny still had the heart to go on. But what about Mira and Rudy? Maybe having another boy around to keep Brown company in case Rudy decided to go home, wasn't a bad idea. But they did not know this Hobbit and he seemed nervous. Was this just because he really wanted to go, as she did? or did he have other plans in mind?.

Bunny sat down upon the steps with a little thud.
"Well Mr....Micheal was it? Why don't you have a seat here beside me and lets chat you an' I." Bunny's eyes began to well up with tears no matter how hard she tried to not let them. This was all just to much for poor Bunny to handle. Her knees ached, her stomach was now in knots and there was a dead body not ten feet from where she now sat.
She laughed nervously as she wiped her eyes on her sleeve as Micheal sat down beside her. "So you have been to the North Moors before have you? Ever seen anything out of the ordinary?" She tried to not let her eyes wander to the still shape on the grass. Bunny looked into Micheals eyes to see if even a glint of hope was there, that perhaps her dreams were not so outlandish, that maybe, someone had seen or heard of the wives.

Last edited by Valier; 10-13-2008 at 12:20 PM.