View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #100
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"I'm not in the mood for adventure anymore, Rudy. I want to go home," Mira said. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her voice sounded nothing like it usually did.
"That's alright," Rudy said, patting her shoulder.
Tansy thought he sounded relieved.

She pursed up her lips and didn't say anything. Instead, she turned at the passing waiter.
"Would you bring us three beers?"
"Of course, miss", the young man replied cheerfully, flashing a grin.
Tansy winked at him, then turned back to Rudy and Mira.
"I'll pay," she added, smiling faintly at her friends. Neither of them returned the smile.

"I understand you want to go home," she said after a while. She stretched her legs under the table and took a deep breath. She wondered where she had put her pipe. "But from a totally selfish point of view, I will be sad to see you go. This adveture won't be the same without you." She made a small pause. She was aware of sounding stupid. How could an adventure so cruelly tainted with death ever be the same? She wondered how she had managed to say the right things before. "You must do what you think is right. And you think this is the best thing to do? Then you do it. Your family..."

She was interrupted by a broad-faced middle-aged Hobbit striding to their table. "Good heavens! Rudy? Is it you? And is this little Mira? She has grown so much! Now tell me, who's this friend of yours - have you finally found a girl, Rudy? - and what are you doing in Whitfurrows? You ought to have told me and Hyacinth you're coming! Why didn't you make a call on us earlier? Oh, silly me, you probably just arrived, that's why you're in an Inn, of course. But you do know you could have come straight to us, of course. But goodness, you do look pale. What has happened?"