View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #98
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
"You only must go home if you are truly needed there right now." She said this to Mira, resting her hand on the girl's shoulder, but she let her eyes travel to Rudy by the end of her sentence.

Rudy didn't have a response, he couldn't hold Tansy's gaze, and turned away. It wasn't because he was trying to be rude, he just didn't have an answer; he didn't have the slightest clue about what to do.

"I think we should move his body. Then figure out what to do after we've done that. Tansy or Peony do think you could bring Mira inside and get her a drink? I'm sure the rest of us can move him."

Rudy might have thought Bunny was queer for a hobbit, but at this moment that's not what he was thinking: Praise the Vala for this young hobbit. Rudy was quick to agree with Bunny's idea "Go inside with Tansy, Mira. I'll be in shortly." Mira and Tansy made there way back toward the inn. Rudy looked at Peony and Bunny, "Well, let's do it."

The three hobbits decided to lay Hugo back down on the ground. They did it with relatively little trouble, although Rudy let the Gaffer's head smack off the platform as they were lowering him. Bunny and Peony pretended they didn't notice. But, before long, Hugo was back down on the grass.

He thanked the other two hobbits for their help and said "Obviously, we can't leave him lie here, forever, but it will have to do until I figure out what I'm going to do."

Rudy wanted to get away from the Gaffer's body, and they all headed back towards the inn. Rudy didn't pay any heed to the hobbit, Michael, who was standing at the door; he went straight to the table Mira and Tansy were at. Mira's eyes were red, but she wasn't crying anymore. Tansy got up to leave, but Rudy said she didn't have to, and asked her to stay if she liked. He thought the more friends and family around the better. How was he going to break it to Mira that they couldn't continue the adventure? Lo and behold! to Rudy's surprise he didn't have to.

"I'm not in the mood for adventure anymore, Rudy. I want to go home."

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-05-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: signature removed