View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #86
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"And I haven't finished my cup of tea," Tansy added, but smiled at her young friend. "Look, Bunny, I don't think we should be so worried about that guy." She screwed up her eyes a bit. After her eyesight had got worse in her tweens, she had learned to pay attention to people's postures and ways of moving if they were too far away for her to make out their exact facial expression.

Tansy looked at her younger friend and smiled. "I think he looks just a bit nervous and frightened, poor boy. I have no idea why he was following us - if he even was, I didn't notice it but I take your word for it - but I doubt his reasons are sinister. I'm inclined to agree with Peony - that lad would be very silly if he was planning to attack us in any way, one against seven hobbits, a dog and a pony." She couldn't help grinning at her own words when she added the pony to the list. She felt silly but she hadn't been on such a careless mood for a while. And for sure, the stranger was nothing she would worry about.

She took a sip of tea. It was good tea with nice touch of nettle and raspberry. She decided to make a fair share of raspberry tea when she got home, she had forgotten how good it was. And nettle too. Nettle soup would be excellent.

"But how can we know he's alone?" Brown asked, interrupting her musings.
"We cannot," Tansy replied calmly, flashing a smile at him, "but if we have to continue on this topic, I'd rather talk with him than about him. I say we either finish our breakfast and continue as if nothing had happened, or - if he really troubles you so much - invite him to our table and ask him some questions. But let's not frighten him any more than we have this far. He seems like a sensitive case." A mischevious glint came to her eyes. "Maybe Brown could even offer him a pint?"