View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #16
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Ancalagon is completely useless. Morgoth must've been fuming at his incompetence. Despite being a monstrous fire-spitting dragon big enough to annihilate Thangorodrim when crashing down on them he's still not able to incinerate a flying ship presumably made of wood.
I would not be so judging - at least when it comes to the ship. Wasn't the ship supposed to be made of mithril? That would defend poor Lakky a little.

Quote:
And Legate, I would think Scatha was flightless as well, being a "worm" much like Glaurung.
Oh yes, he was. But he was cool, and he was more snakelike, I think. Or lizard-like, in the sense of this agile lizard. Glaurung was big and slooow.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote