View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #13
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Mind if just drag this thread back to the original topic for a moment? Mansun, you didn't simply ask whether social classes existed in M-E, you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansun View Post
Did a class divide exist between all the races in Middle Earth? Elves and great lords such as Gandalf being of the upper classes, with Hobbits, Dwarves and lesser men perhaps being the working classes?
Now, that question is answered pretty comprehensively in the next post. However, I'm just curious about what made you think of it to begin with.

Because, you see, though societies with species-based class-systems do crop up in speculative fiction, I can't recall any sign of that in Middle-earth (apart from the example Morthoron gives). Or have you seen something I've missed?

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-29-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: fixed typos and word left out.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote