View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #716
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Was not the hunt Khandr's idea? How can he just go wandering off without consequence? Surely this is not in keeping with the way things would have worked? Sorry for bringing this up late, but it's been niggling at me for days.
Yes, I see there is a problem. However, my character has a major dilemma. How can Khandr remain where he is when he believes he will be murdered and the hunt would seem to be the easiest way to do something like that? If you had just been told of your own death and you truly believed what the person was saying, perhaps because you had already sensed that things were not right, would you docilely go forward with the hunt when you think there may be an ambush waiting around the next tree? I would not, even if I was the individual who had arranged the event. When I set up the hunt, I had no idea that someone was going to tell Khandr he was about to bite the dust. This was simply presented in the story as a fait accompli and now my character has to react to what happened. (We had initially planned that Khandr's death would drop down out of the blue with Jord as the killer.) Sometimes plans are "rearranged" in real life by things happening out of the blue, and the same holds true for rpgs.

Khandr believes what was said to him. He is certainly not feeling too kindly about Uldor and crew since he thinks one of them is about to murder him. Would you really have him stay and wait to be murdered? That doesn't make sense to me. At the very least, he is going to go back to his first wife and speak with her, just as he has spoken with his second wife.

As to what to do with the hunt, that is up to you. If it's easier to deal with, I will be happy to have Khandr speak with one of his servants to carry a message to his hosts and apologize that something unexpected has occurred so that he is drawn away and will rejoin them later at the after-hunt "brunch" which he will have waiting in the courtyard at the front of his house. I am putting up a save. Let me know if you can live comfortably with that.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-29-2007 at 07:56 AM.