View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 03:26 PM   #394
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

***Shire/Rivendell/Blue Mountains***

After some rest, the party tightened their belts and once more headed south. After a day of walking and much complaining from everyone at some point, they eventually saw the woods of Lorien ahead of them.

Even Mikhelm, after his initial grumbling, could not fail to be breathtaken by the woods. However, Ciri reminded them all before entering that they could not tarry long, a proper night's sleep and a chance to replenish their supplies was all that they could find time for. The group did not care, they were just thankful for a good hearty meal, the first since their food had been ruined.

Serin wandered around the woods with Elrohir and Odo. They were lost for words, with the exception of Elrohir, who knew Lorien.

"The beauty of Galadriel..." Serin murmured. "I've never seen an elf like that before...she just captivated me. I now know how Gimli son of Gloin must have felt, falling under her spell."

"I don't know what I imagined, Serin, but nothing like this!" marveled Odo. "I can't believe I have the chance to see it, it's completely beyond me!"

Serin wholeheartedly agreed. Taking in the splendour and the beauty of Lorien made him all the more convinced in his heart that he must convince the dwarves to accept the other races. Imagine the dwarf kingdoms, with their halls of stone and crafts, but also mingled with the beauty and light of the Elves! It would be a spectacular sight, and Serin dreamed of seeing it.

Serin did wish he had had the chance to see the dwarf-city, Moria, but no doubt they could pass through it on the journey back. He would not have given this up for the world.

However, much to everyone's regret, they had to move on the next morning, and everyone's mood was dampened somewhat. At this point, Elladan came back with the news that they were being given boats, to sail down to Minas Anor! This news lightened everyone's spirits, as the journey would be made much less tiring, and leave more time to spare, depending how the weather went.

The boats quietly drifted down the Silverlode and into the Anduin, and they bid farewell to Lorien. Serin felt, as Lorien became further and further behind, that he would never look upon that fair place again, and felt sorrowful.

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: *Varda* ]