View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 11:13 AM   #25
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The wolf watched as the man neared with a sword, he set the tip to the chain and drove it into the ground, the chainlink broke with a slight 'clink' and Celebanca sighed in relief.

"Give me my baby back." The woman cried, holding her hands out to the wolf.

Picking the sleeping boy up in her teeth the wolf stood slowly and walked over to the mother, and gently set the babe in her arms. "Your child has a very good sense of direction, he will make a great man if he can survive that long." Celebanca's eyes were to the skies, she had seen it. A crow was trying to catch her attention just earlier but she was far too worried about her own well being to listen. "My name is Celebanca. Next time, if you wish to speak with me do not poison me. And you," She whirled on the man who held the sword up "If you ever think of putting me in chains again, you will not live to see the next sun, I vow on my father's grave. No wolf deserves this." She took a step towards him, her gold eyes lit with an angry flame that intimidated him, or was that the size of the wolf that scared him? She was more than half the normal size of the mangy wolves and other canines that inhabited the land, even his grey hound, who stood only to her shoulder could tear him in half if she wished it so. Two-footers were so vulnerable.

"Orcs! Orcs!" A guard called from the wall, he lit the large scone on the wall, and immediatly, the whole city was in action.

The wolf stood in the middle of the chaos, watching silently as the foolish two-footers scrambled for weapons or cover. The woman and the baby had left and was running to the door of their manor. "Foolish Two-footers."She muttered to herself. Why do I have to get caught up in their war? She asked herself.