View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #15
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
The Rule of Three, Nerwen? I don't think I've heard of that one before. Does it mean that as a rule of thumb, there'll be a sorcerer in the first three posters of each game?
Not a rule of thumb, but just based on probability, I would say (especially in smaller games). I think I recall it happening very often. Usually, the WWs also feel some "moral obligation" to post (I mean, there are "unsporty" wolves as well, but I think mostly WWs are like that they don't want to purposefully abstain for a day unless they are forced to, since it'd be unfair), if they are around, in case they won't be around later. So if a WW is around in early stages of the game, I think it's more likely they post than not. Also, the earlier the post, the more banter you can write (but I guess it depends on the Wolf if he/she is a under-the-radar-substanceless-posts-posting one or if he/she prefers to write things with actual content, such WWs probably prefer to write more once the actual discussion starts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
I'm so tired of suspecting Inzil and thinking "he can't be a wolf yet again, can he?". I think he turned out to be a wolf in all three of the games I've played with him before.$
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
*sigh* Back at the Rule of Three, are we? The trouble with Inzil is that he is a wolf improbably often, and when he isn't he still acts in the exact same manner!
Actually, I had the same idea after reading the first post, which on first sight (before I read anything else) felt like "ha, is he behaving like a Zilwolf"? But exactly the trouble is, he hasn't been a nonzilwolf for a while, so it's hard to say. However, on second look, I don't think Zil's post is actually in any way Wolf-seeming.

Nothing struck me weird on Lottie, if so, then rather about Cop. The flip-floppy chitter-chatter, especially if any of the other ones is also a Wolf (namely, Zil), because it doesn't sound like totally useless banter, but sounds like it might have a purpose (to seem like it's banter, while talking about Wolves, or even if there were two of them, then to seem like banter while talking about packmates).

The amount of these in Greenie's post seems a bit excessive; if anything disturbs me, it is actually her. But it is also the general paranoia, since we recently talked about what would it be like, once the game starts, if three of us were Wolves and only one innocent (as mentioned above, there is currently Greenie, Lommy, Kath and me in the same place). Speaking of which, Lommy seems to me the most innocentish of all the people so far.

Anyway, somebody mentioned the strategy of getting rid of Saruman first of all; clearly that is the best course. But we can't figure out (I assume) who is Saruman and who is "ordinary baddie", so the subject simply comes down to basic Wolf-hunt. Sorry, Sorcerer-hunt.

Now off to finish my breakfast and I'll check back later
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote