View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #715
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My save is filled. I wanted to do a post for Imak and friends. But before I put up a save, I wanted to make sure where people are.

Folwren -- You discussion post summarising what Athwen saw was very helpful.

First, I made the assumption that with the strong winds and visibility so low, it's been impossible for large groups of the good or bad guys to stay together. That's why we are so split up. Plus, we're fighting over a relatively large stretch of land with relatively few players: it's not an organized battle field....more like guerilla war and small skirmishes intermixed.

I am having a hard time envisioning where all the slavers are and who is dead. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem. I thought I would put down what I thought I knew and see where I was wrong.

This is how I read it. Of the five slavers who came in from the northern edge of camp looking for women and children, two have been killed by Nasim and company courtesy of Durelin. That means we have three slavers still wandering.
around looking for women and children.

Of the ten who orginally attacked the camp at the tunnel, about five (?) have been killed, 1 has taken off towards the south and joined up with those riders (this was in the post I just did) and the remaining four are still fighting somewhere near the tunnel.

Of the group of ten coming in from the south, I am assuming about 3 of them already headed towards the tunnel and will reinforce the men there. Another 5 from the southern group are heading to the northwest of camp Two of these will cause more trouble for Nasim and crew; two will be trying to find and attack the women and children. Imak is also with them but he will eventually become separated from that group, since we have a special treat reserved for him. Lindir has also spotted another 2 slavers still in the south who are just about to ride northward. In posts I haven't written yet, Lindir and archers will take care of two of them: one in one attack and one in the other. One slaver will still be left alive--the one who escaped from the tunnel and ran south to join them.

So basically we have 7 slavers dead at this point, 2 more going to die at the hands of Lindir and the archers, and 15 left alive (?)

Durelin and everyone else

Does this sound right? Or have I forgotten something? I've never posted in such detail about one battle and it's hard to keep track of everyone. I don't care about precise numbers -- if we misplace one or two that's fine -- but I wanted to make sure I've got the basic groups right.

We aren't at that point yet, but shall we have the last standoff and fight be in the grove with the women and children?

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 12-02-2006 at 10:30 AM.