View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #63
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Final Details

Firstly, Mithalwen asked to join and no it wasn't too late Greenie so welcome aboard!

However, with that sign ups are now officially closed...well, I suppose if somebody begs me before the end of today, but I really do need to start the wheels in motion here.

Since there was no discussion of the Visitor role, it will not be added to this game, but I hope that if somebody does a format like this in future the idea is more thoroughly explored.

NIGHT 1 will begin 10PM US Eastern on Sunday, May 31. DAY 1 will begin 10PM US Eastern on Monday, June 1 and so on.

There are a few added/amended rules that are below (these will also be added to the first post):

Ranger: The Ranger cannot prevent somebody from being lynched. Likewise, the Ranger cannot stop the Hunter kill. The Ranger just protects against regular NIGHT kills.

Dead Thread Reading: For those roles that resurrect, it is permitted for them to read the entire thread before their death and then continue to read and participate in the Dead Thread up until the time that I post the narration announcing their return to the Living Thread. After that post, the resurrected player may not read any further in the Dead Thread until such time as they return to it.

Dead Thread Announcements: For "Reasons" I will not give specific roles as a result of the Dead Thread role reveal votes. My response to those votes will be "PREDATOR" or "PREY."

Just as an aside, the Seer will get explicit results to all their dreams whether in the Living Thread or the Dead Thread.

Dead Thread Quoting: For those who resurrect, they may only paraphrase but NOT directly quote or cite posts in the Dead Thread. However, the Dead may quote and cite posts from the Living Thread.

Dead Thread Post Count: This rule is different from the last game so I hope everyone pays attention to it. It is considered cheating for a Living Player to click on the post count link of the Dead Thread to check and see how many times Dead Thread players have posted. Obviously you will be able to see how many posts there are in total and who the last poster is, but that is it. Do not check who has posted how many times, do not cite who has posted how many times, do not base arguments on it. I do this mainly for RP reasons, deal with it. You are the Living and they are the Dead, you don't know what they are up to.

Now, with that bit of housekeeping out of the way...

A number of people have contacted me and inquired regarding specific roles and I have told a couple of them the following, and I want to broadcast this to everyone so there is a level playing field for all:

I am not going to handpick people for their roles. Roles are going to be picked using some tables I made and the RANDOM function in Excel. That being said, I reserve the right to tweak the results by using partial lists of players and multiple selection rounds to pick a role. So basically I'm saying don't try to play me and who you think I would pick, play each other once the game starts.

I will be handing out roles over Friday and Saturday as I have time. I will post the two game threads on Sunday after all the roles have been assigned. Since this is a large game I will only PM people if they have a special role. If you haven't gotten a PM from me by the time the two game threads appear on the forum, then you are an Ordo and I wish you good luck and I hope you have fun playing.

That wraps it up except for reminding everyone to go invisible and have space cleared in your PM box for messages in case you have a role (no, I'm not trying to insult anybody's intelligence, its just been a long time since we have played and I don't want these to slip anybody's mind).

Last edited by Kuruharan; 05-28-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote