View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #60
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots An idea, everyone please read

Hey guys,

I know it is kind of late in the day to be thinking about this (and that a lot of people are on trips and stuff) but I have been reading the original game threads very carefully the past few days looking for final minor adjustments to improve balance, etc. (I have a list, but I will post those all at once so as to limit confusion).

In reading the previous threads the idea that there needs to be a slightly more solid means of communication between the Dead Thread and the Living Thread has started to gnaw on me significantly. Since roles haven't been assigned yet (so everyone will be able to give their honest opinions re. balance), I thought I would toss my idea out to the group for everyone to look at and discuss whether it should be implemented in this game or if it is a workable idea at all.

My idea is that a single player (I will call it the Visitor) should have the ability to communicate with the opposite thread every NIGHT. I'm hung up on a couple of things. 1) Should this be Dead Thread to Living Thread communication, like a ghostly visitation, or Living to Dead communication (I'm leaning toward Dead to Living). 2) How should this selection of the Visitor be made? I believe this needs to be a rotating role to give the wolves the opportunity to mess with people and cause problems which leads me to question 3) should the Visitor have the ability to choose the recipient of their visitation or should the recipient somehow be determined for them and the Visitor just chooses what they say to the recipient (through me, there will be no direct contact)?

My idea, also, is that the identity of the Visitor will not be known to the recipient. Rather it will be along the lines of, "You recieve a ghostly visitor in the NIGHT. You are so frightened that you cannot tell their identity. The ghost says to you, "cookies are nummy" and departs." Something along those lines.

Anyway, that's my idea. I apologize that I'm bringing this up so late, and it may be that the Village in the previous game had such bad luck that I'm too worried about trying to balance things toward the village.

Those who read, please give me your comments. I would need some solid implementation ideas before I would do this and I don't feel it is ready for that yet, so if we don't iron out kinks this won't happen.