View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #47
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
One last question:

Is it a wolf win if
-the total number of wolves equals the number of villagers
-the number of wolves of one team equals the number of villagers
-the number of wolves of one team equals the number of villagers + number of wolves on the other team.

Am I making this too complicated?
Hmm...my original plan was total number of wolves equals the number of villagers. I hadn't even considered making the victory condition be the number of wolves on one team equaling the number of villagers. That would definitely ease the problem I've been wrestling with in the concept that in all my little simulations of the game it is pretty short, which makes it hard on the village. It would also greatly reduce (although not eliminate) the possibility of a tie, which I think is optimal.

I must ponder this, but I may well make this change. Anybody else's input on this decision is welcome.

Quote:
other than that there needed to be a bit more knowledge available to the dead
I fear I am adding more kinks rather than working them out.

From my perspective, I think with NIGHTly role reveals and (trusted) Seer dreams the dead will have enough information to be going on with. I was concerned that the dead might end up with too much information which is why the Seer can only dream once a NIGHT in the Dead Thread as opposed to the Living Thread when the Seer can dream twice. I thought that was one of the benefits of a quicker game was it kept the pressure up on the dead to use interactions and deductions rather than just relying on reveals because there wouldn't be enough time.