View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
End of Day 2, start of a new day

Stupid as they are, the trolls were clever enough to figure out what had happened the day before when they had been asleep. They started arguing, as usual, and calling each other ugly names (which did sound quite endearing actually, but you wouldn't dare to tell that to their faces, of course) until they reached a consensus they wanted to kill a wizard.

"Great, so how do we get one?" asked Green. "The shoe thing didn't really work."
"What about socks?" asked Nerve. "I've been a-looking at Nog's socks."
"I've been looking at Mors' socks", Oz growled.
"Trolls don't wear socks!" Cab shouted.
"Yer right," agreed Brin.
"What's that thing on Mors' feet then?" asked Lot.
"It looks an awful lot like socks to me," Kat agreed.
"Green socks," Nog added.
"Furry green socks," Sal clarified.
"Idiots!" said Rick. "It is mold."
"Blimey! Yer right," said Gil.
"Hey but Oz has socks!" Lad pointed out.
Everybody turned to look at Oz and lo! He was unmistakably wearing red-and-yellow striped socks.
"That is not mold," said Mors gleefully.
"True as a troll," said Cop.
"I say we sit on him and squeeze his wizardry out of him," Vol opined to the delight of the other trolls.

Even though Oz was a big and strong troll, he was no match for more than a dozen of his kind, so they subdued him and sat on him, one by one, until they formed a nice pyramid of fourteen trolls. (Bane, Bore and Shaz were all having a nap, and their snores were so loud that had the pyramid been made of anything less heavy than trolls, I'm sure it would have toppled over.) For a long time, Oz was trying to fight his way under the other trolls' massive, smelly bodies, but after some time he stopped struggling.

"Does that mean we can get off?" asked Rick, who was the lowermost of the other trolls.
"He could still be alive," said Lad.
"He hasn't got any smaller," added Mors carefully. "Only p'raps a little flatter."
"I'm not enjoying this," said Cop. "That fat oaf Vol is a-crushing me."
"Then move yerself you booby," said Vol, and with these words, all the trolls started crawling out of their troll pyramid with many curses and confusions.

In the end, they all got back in their feet again, and only Oz was lying on the floor. He looked the same as ever, only deader, and thus the trolls learned that wearing socks doesn't always mean you are not a troll.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

~*~

Night 3 falls. Clever troll, Insomniac troll, Purse-troll, send both the mods your picks whenever you're ready. Wizards, start plotting and choose your victim. Others, shut yer bloody mouths!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote