View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #1968
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Excerpts from the PMs- Night 2

Deciding to kill McCaber...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Okay, the phantom is creeping me out a bit. I wonder if he is the seer or if he is baiting us to think he is. I would like to kill him tonight...or Gil for not reading any of the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka
Ha, killing phantom seems lovely too, but I've been thinking about whom and what that will lead to. A few, slightly less persuasive people, but equally important in our village are too close to him for my own comfort, or survival at least. Legate was chummy with him, and thus his kill as an innocent might be used to suggest some form of mistrust amoung the village. He might just be the seer, but I'm wondering what a little questioning might do.
Anyways, I'm just curious what would happen to any of us if phantom was killed tonight. I can't really see a full picture, but at times I have a bad feeling about it.
Any forsight into this possibility?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
I'm rather hesistant to kill off tp just yet. With his flood posting, he's doing so well at distracting the village as of now. There's a possibility of him being the seer (though I'd honestly be disappointed if he was since he's been a special role so much lately), but if so not even he would reveal his role this early unless his life was in danger. Remember there's no ranger to protect the seer. And I doubt the village is ready to lynch tp toMorrow. So while I'd like to kill him sometime in the Night, I do not think we should just yet.
Quote:
I just remembered somewhere in the thread where Lommy said something about Agan and her getting killed by her in the night. I think those are fun things to follow up on. Likely it won't get Agan lynched but it sure would occupy a good chunk of the days discussion.

Boromir is a worthy candidate as most people think him innocent. He is smart and will figure things out more quickly than others.

Eönwë would be a confusing choice for the other villagers as many suspected him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
It would be quite unsporty to kill tp off on the first Night. And the same goes for Boro. Sure they are ones we should get done away with but the kind of result that we had with Legate would be much nicer...

I'm not calling for any veto-right on this but I'd suggest we do not kill them toNight. It's also going to give the seer some tough decision-making as well (we just have to get rid of them before the seer comes forwards and reveals their innocence).
Quote:
Boro called McCaber "a silent assassin". This was what McCaber replied later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Boro, you can call me "the silent assassin" all you like. It is an accurate description of how I operate, after all, and it sounds awesome.
Okay. That isn't probably worth anything, but I dec9ided to just take a quick look on his posting as I knew he hadn't posted much. And what did I find? He never mentions a single other player of being suspicious or trustworthy! (He only mentions tp in passing commenting about liking his jokish idea about us finding a peaceful solution to the village's problem and not lynching anyone - and of course Boro in the post I just quoted)

Well, he plays it silently and safely, I know it from experience like all of you who have played with him. But isn't that kind of an overdoing of it? Like he really tries to be even more un-noticed and even more in the background so that no one would have an idea to try and bring him to the front? And as he's no wolf then who else has a reason to be that uncontroversial?

I mean no mention of any names of any villagers expect the two mentioned above (which were no suspicions or trusting) but still posting 11 times to look like he's present?

So if we decide to go for a seer-try I'd suggest McCaber as our target.

....With McCaber there is the possibility of seer-hunch to go with but otherwise only very-very sporty wolves would leave guys like tp and Boro around and quite a few would start thinking of me being involved in there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka
Hmm, McCaber would be safe kill, and possibly stir up a lot of finger pointing later on when everyone's confused. I don't see any difficultly turning the tide once that happens, we'd just need to figure out to whom should we suggest as a culprit to the village, or hint and let them do all the work with us appearing innocent and supportive.
Quote:
I'm good with McCaber and would support that kill. I think if Brinn gets back to us we will reach the consensus.
Quote:
My last thoughts on McCaber...

I've played with him a few times and my general feeling of him is that he tends to follow other people's suspicions - and even be a bit uninterested in the games when he has no role. But he's quietish anyway, role or not.

Which doesn't mean he's not capable of using his general "reputation" to his advance.

But to my taste he has been both extremely careful this time (not mentioning even the first suspicion or trust within 48 hours and only naming two people, tp and Boro, but both on occasion of answering something that was not in-game!) and still visibly partaking (11 posts which I think is quite a lot for his standards - okay, it was 48 hours, but still).

If he is indeed the seer I could well imagine him acting thus. I may be wrong with this but that's the best bet I have this far.

But even if I were wrong with this suspicion he could be a good lynch-candidate as with killing him we could be A) sporty eg. not killing tp, Boro or Lommy or..., and B) leaving more of the loudmouths around and thus lessening the chance the seer checks us as s/he will have to ponder about tp, Boro etc. as well...

Also the fact that a quieter or more enigmatic player was killed might look bad on me, and possibly on some one of you others as well, as at least I have kind of made it a known strategy that I like to keep the "players" around and get rid of the "quiet load"... (happily I'm not the only one known to have this opinion)

But with McCaber there is this "seer-thing" to explain it - and it might even turn out true? *crosses fingers*

As I said - and if we kill him - we should not rush to speculate about his (possible) seership as the reason for the kill, but should let the others to spell it out. Only if no-one notices it and people start to make unhappy suspicions from our point of view someone should step in and like offer an analysis on McCaber's posting and only from there produce the idea that he was possibly thought of the seer by the wolves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
I agree McCaber's probably our best choice for a kill. I'm not as sure about the possibility of him as seer, but at least I think he'd be a no track kill. And he's not as obvious of a kill as perhaps some others.

My second choice would be Boromir, as he can be quite dangerous when he catches onto something.