View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 12:34 AM   #19
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'd LIKE to disagree with you, Tar-Palantir, because I'd LIKE to think of Arwen and Eowyn to be just as skilled warriors as Aragorn (being as I love strong women), but you do bring up a good point. However, I think mylady is saying on the level that ARAGORN though of Eowyn as just an equal, perhaps? I'm not sure.<P>I'd also like to think that both Eowyn and Arwen have been taught self defense, past the "wielding a sword" stage. /shrug<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No. If anything, it was the other way around. Aragorn knows his capacity, and she doesn't know her own so well. Aragorn knew that Eowyn wasn't his equal.<P>Arwen - no. She wouldn not have been taught how to use weapons properly. A knife in extreme self-defense is the utmost my imagination can go for the book Arwen, and I still don't really think even that.<P>Eowyn - yes. She was a sheild-maiden, and fought on the battle-field, and lived. <B>But</B> - she was not as good as Aragorn, who has spent several decades fighting with the other Dunadan.<P>~ Elentari II
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote