View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #7
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Assorted thoughts:

-If you want to avoid randomness, the trap could kill whichever wolf sends the night-kill PM. That lets the wolves choose who to sacrifice, rather than putting a potentially game-changing effect in the hands of a non-player (the mod/RNG).

-If you wanted to revisit your original idea at some point (the role-revealing gifted one), you could combine it with the one-shot power idea: everyone has an ability, but you can only use it once/twice/etc. It would probably require a lot of balancing work, though.

-The Nightmare Wolf sounds heavily unbalanced - but I'm not sure which way! The wolves get two shots per night to take out the Seer (one permanent, one temporary), but the villagers can theoretically clear someone every day. I think not letting ordos know they were nightmared would probably swing the balance too far - it would also mean the Gifted had even more information, so you're back into Gifted vs Wolf (+ bystanders) territory. As originally written, though, the two effects may balance out?

-I think the Medium as written looks pretty solid.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote