View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Avvies, identity and change

How does your avvie represent you? Do you change your self-image - or have you thought how you might change in the eyes of others - when you change the avvie? What do you say?

I have been thinking about this sometimes but now got curious enough to open a thread for it.

What I mean is...

Have you seen Mith having an avvie, ever? Or Anguirel, or...

What does that make you think about them?

Or could you think davem, Lalwėnde, Kath, the phantom, littlemanpoet, Rune, Legate, Esty... (to be continued...) to have a different avvie?

What would you think if they changed their avvies?

How about Hookbill, Fea, Lommy, Aganzir, Brinn, Form, Nerwen, me... We seem to change the avvie every once in a while. What does it tell you or make you think?

How do the avvies relate into what you think of the person? Ever been surprised because of a new avvie by someone? Did that new avvie make you rethink what kind of person the holder of it was?

Just think the "case Boro" (sorry Boro but I think you can handle being an example here). There were a couple of mur-murs with Boro lately but they toned down pretty fast, but what was the importance of the factor he took his old avvie? To me - I can admit, even if I wasn't in anyway enraged by the whole thing and just liked and like him as a BD-contributor and friend - it made me feel better anyway, like more secure he was what he had been. There was a relievement of some sorts when he took his old avvie.

But what is that? Why is that?

How much do we look at each other through the avvies?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote