Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 01:49 PM   #12133
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No quarrels, yes fans! Though we had a thunderstorm here a few days ago which broke the heat for a couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Maybe, but it hasn't been a few days. It had been a year. Or specifically, it had been a year since the other threads had any new puzzle.
Yes, threads sometimes fall silent. There are pages upon pages of silent threads collectig dust on the Downs, many have been sitting there for a lot longer than a year, these just happen to be the ones you want to revive - and it was only a couple days ago that you put out the call for revival, but you did not give anyone a chance to respond to your call. I was entirely willing to try revive one or two with you until you came out with your unilateral declaration. I still am willing to do so - not immediately, at least a few days from now because I am busy over the weekend - but it would be for the purpose of enjoying the puzzles, not for meeting some arbitrary deadline for intervals between posts. So if you can accept that posts may take several days in coming, we can restart another game. If not, then sorry, I'm out. And another thing - you have requested that the threads be closed. Now imagine what would have happened if a mod went ahead and did what you requested, even if you had the right to unilaterally shut down these threads. If your goal is to have them revived, I must say shutting them down achieves the exact opposite purpose. I am not participating in any of the games on such terms, where if the forum activity somehow does not meet your standards you call game over for everyone. If we can do this patiently, respectfully, and without ultimatums, let's do it. When it gets this way though, I lose all appetite for participating in the thread, and we go back to the initial dilemma. Please take down your last post in those threads, and we can try to return to the positive spirit of your initial request to revive them a few days ago.