Thread: Reputations
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 02:13 AM   #394
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerenIstarion
The whole alarm system went off the instant I caught myself on two things - growing tendency of rating 'like peer' and instances of logging on to the fora with the purpose of checking if I've been rated lately, not with the purpose of checking what wonderfully new ideas were posted on the threads I'm interested in, and I grew afraid. So the whole rant above was for more or less my own sake, to bring my own self to sense, and carry those of you back who may have been in danger of catching the same malady
Thanks for the wake-up call...and just in time, too!

But I've been thinking about the initial query...what happens to the rep system when we're all "welcome at Aragorn's court," or maybe in the very presence of Eru himself? Maybe before that happens we would all relive the times when there was no reputation system - telling what we think of others' posts right in the forum and seeking to have meaningful discussions, not rep harvests - and the reps would be more of a luxury than an indulgence.

I don't have anything against the system, though. It's a great way to know you're appreciated.