View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #75
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Fingers would probably be the most interesting (fun fact: forget about waistlines - hands are the second most important body part for self -body image, after the face).

Similar to what Legate said, you could have her out for firewood and take her glove off for some reason (too bulky/clumsy).

As for which finger(s), the thumb would obviously be bad news. But if I had to choose a finger to lose, it would be my index finger. Your middle and ring fingers can compensate pretty well. Losing the middle finger would be more awkward but still okay. Your ring and pinky fingers are really important for grip strength and stability (imagine carrying a heavy plate or tray with just your thumb and first two fingers). Missing either of these fingers, especially the little one, I would expect to see increased clumsiness, possibly dropping things.

The other thing to keep in mind is often with frostbite you only lose part of the finger, but the remainder/tip is often uncomfortably sensitive to touch, making it less useful than one might expect.

Hope this helps!