View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 08:22 PM   #26
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I would prefer we use the Forsaken Inn as "the Inn" and be our starting point. We can either transfer and tweak the story so far presented in the Green Dragon to there in order, or synapse (?) them into our first posts.
I agree with Snowdog there! I was thinking it would be a vicious job trying to edit, cut, and paste all of our Green Dragon posts together in the right order. How about we each just write a fresh first post that explains (in brief) how each character got to where they are, what they are doing, & why. Then we pick up the action at The Forsaken Inn where we left off. Maybe handle the catch-up information in flashback?

Is everyone agreeable to that?

On that note, I also agree with Pio:

Quote:
I'm thinking that perhaps everyone's actual first post needs to wait until the general storyline for this game is firmly established, and possibly at least until whoever is going to write the First Post that opens the Game has done so.
Maybe we should hold off on writing the first posts until we know the general direction the storyline will take.

Snowdog is right that we should put some pre-existing conditions, such as what he described, on the characters we are opening for outside writers. The Rangers must be old enough to have fought in the War and have a pre-existing friendship with Hanasian. The Shady Underworld types must know in advance that they are first to seem loyal to Naiore, only to be plotting against her at the same time for their own gain.

Elora, would these characters be killed by Naiore? Or do you want to leave that part open-ended to see where the story leads? If they are dead men from the start, I think it would be only fair to let the writers know in advance. Personally, I would like to leave it open & see where the story goes. But that's just me...

First Posts (when they do get written)should be put up here on the Planning thread,rather than PM'd to me, so that we can all see them before they go on to the Discussion Thread. That way, if there is something amiss anywhere we can all see it & be in on the fix.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]