View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 11:26 PM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

By the end of your planning process, this is the Proposal Form that will need to be filled out.

I'm posting it now as a guideline for the areas you will need to cover in your planning process: (Please fill it out at the end of your planning and post it on the Discussion Thread for us, Cami and Piosenniel, the two Shire moderators to review.

SHIRE GAME WORK SHEET

Please read carefully and follow all information in The Red Book of Westmarch and in Seed Stories about gaming in the Shire before filling out this form. Please be exact in your answers.

Answer in full sentences and complete paragraphs wherever appropriate so that the Reviewers will have as complete an idea as possible of your vision of the game. Reviewers for the Games are Piosenniel (Pio) and Child of the 7th Age (Sharon/Cami).

Note please, from the Guidelines for Owners you were sent, that as owner, you will be expected to check in at least once a day to the Discussion Thread and to post to the game at least 2 or 3 times per week.

You will also need to keep track of the story line and keep it moving forward so that you can meet your End Date for the Game – which is calculated from when the RPG thread actually opens and how long you estimated it would take to reach your end goal.

SUBMISSION OF THIS COMPLETED FORM TO THE MODERATORS INDICATES THAT EACH OWNER HAS READ AND ACCEPTED THE GUIDELINES FOR OWNERSHIP IN THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF OWNERS/CO-OWNERS SHEET.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

Title:

Historical Background (This is necessary only for Games set in a time before The Lord of the Rings. It can be 2 to 3 sentences that give some basic facts about what is going on in that time period. This will help clarify the setting for the prospective players.)

Basic Storyline:

The purpose of the story is to:

This means we will know the story is over when:

Starting Location:

Likely destination:

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the ____Age at around year _______.

The storyline itself or plot covers _____ days, weeks, months.

This game requires a time commitment of _____ from me, the game owner and from the major players.

Characters needed: – be specific as to type (eg., Lothlorien Elves, not just Elves, if that’s what you need; or any other characters types from specific regions) and please indicate the number of each type you will need.

Please note for each character type needed: Race – number needed – and gender needed

Character types which would not belong:

Are there any writers you have invited to play on the game and are saving spots for them? If so, please list their names under Dedicated Characters for me. They will need to submit their Character Descriptions Forms and First Posts to me before I will open the Discussion Thread:

Dedicated Characters: (List below)

The game owner(s) will play ____ character(s). Fill out the Character Description Form completely for your character(s).

Character Description Form for owner’s character:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

The first post for the game:
(This should be several paragraphs long, enough to give gamers a solid sense of what the game is about and who might be involved. It should draw both readers and potential gamers into the game.)

Other information of special interest that you would like to include:

Do you want first posts for the game when the players submit their characters on the discussion thread? - YES/NO

Please note that this will mean NO character descriptions will be accepted without First Posts accompanying them. All character descriptions posted without the required First Post will be sent back to their writers.

Proposer/Owner (Please use your Barrow Downs ID):

RPGs at the Barrow Downs I have participated in are the following (if you have not, explain where you have developed your RPG skills):

Contact via PM – You must have your ability to receive Private Messages enabled in order to run a Game. We need to be able to contact you.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]