Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #11942
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
2. ROLLO is the correct element. But what two things can 'mount' mean? And what is a vault?
A mount is a horse, a hill, or something to put things on. A vault is a safe, a cellar, or a jump. ROCHALLOR at least has Rollo, but I can't put anything useful together out of 'char'.

Quote:
6. So is ORIEL. I'm not 100% sure which part of Oxford ORIEL is in, but take North as a separate element anyway.
Noriel... cripes, that sounds like an Amazon name for a dwarf-elf halfbreed. Roniel. Niroel. Nope, clearly too tired.

Quote:
'Gift' was the straight clue for Yozayan, with A for one and N for the short November.
Yay I got one. ^_^ ^_^

Quote:
9. What does peroxide CAUSE?
Rapid pressure increases, oxygen-rich explosions, masses of paperwork, and ultimately me having to revise my labels yet again. Sorry, I'm literally a peroxide regulatory chemist now, I am useless when it comes to general knowledge on it.

Quote:
8. No, it stays at GAVRIEL, until it gets switched around. Try running it through an anagram machine. There are a few on the internet.
Oh, yeah, 'confused' is an anagram indicator. I am smart, I promise.

ARVEGIL, eleventh king of Arthedain? (Presumably originally Somethingelsevegil, since it would be a bit of a risk to stick "Ara-" on your firstborn's name when he might die and need a replacement. Perhaps he was originally named Mormegil, stealing the trick from the Stewards of Gondor of just ripping off the Silm.)

hS