View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 01:40 AM   #276
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
And here is the first sample of Oath, for tasters. Except I will probably be redoing it, because first it took me a while to get into the swing of it, and when I started feeling the music it ran away to somewhere heroic. Or will it sound less so with the vocals on top? I don't know. Any suggestions? I think I am lacking a good mood description to direct the flow of the music. Angry? Nasty? I was going for "dark" initially but that seems too vague.
Ooh, yikes. It sounds really good musically, but... not like the Oath. The first part feels a bit dirge-y, and the second part, as you say, goes a bit heroic.

I think almost all versions of the Oath come out as closer to a hard rock/heavy metal feel; it reminds me very much of Nightfall (which may not be a coincidence). It's angry... proud... defiant might be the best word. This is the Sons of Feanor casting their Oath into the face of the Light and Dark alike and daring anyone to stand against them. ("Light and Dark can both be damned!"...)

Just don't ask me how to put that into music. ^_~

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote